There was no lump -- a Breast Cancer blog

This blog is about my experience with Inflammatory Breast Cancer.
You can learn more about Inflammatory Breast Cancer at
http://cis.nci.nih.gov/fact/6_2.htm or http://www.ibcsupport.org/

The names of my Doctors have been changed.

 

 

Contact me at Liane58 at gmail dot com
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Hair today ....

It was falling out all over, not in huge clumps, but in small wisps, making a mess on everything I came near. So I bought a set of clippers, and got my friend Claire (experienced in head-shaving) to do the honors. I was glad to have this done in my own home, and not to be sitting in a salon. Claire did a great job. It feels less itchy and less sensitive now; I’m glad to have it all off, and not to have to worry about it coming off in my hands and everywhere. I’m getting used to plunking my wigs on just like a cap. Although I did go out in the yard briefly forgetting I had "nothing" on my head! A funny feeling, to have this "new" way of being "naked."