There was no lump -- a Breast Cancer blog

This blog is about my experience with Inflammatory Breast Cancer.
You can learn more about Inflammatory Breast Cancer at
http://cis.nci.nih.gov/fact/6_2.htm or http://www.ibcsupport.org/

The names of my Doctors have been changed.

 

 

Contact me at Liane58 at gmail dot com
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Treatment 2

Still fine. The machine is really on only very briefly, three "blasts" (there is an electronic sound, not loud) of less than 15 seconds each. I'm rubbing in some special lotion someone in my support group gave me -- I am well prepared because of this wonderful group of women.
I am feeling clever about the "arm warmers" I invented, cutting off the legs of a pair of thick tights and using them to keep my arms warm while my torso is bare. Dr. Brown said she'd never seen anything like them before. Before my treatment, I went and visited two members of my support group who are in the hospital. One had a bilateral mastectomy, and the other is now in radiation like me, but still having problems from her surgery in October.