There was no lump -- a Breast Cancer blog

This blog is about my experience with Inflammatory Breast Cancer.
You can learn more about Inflammatory Breast Cancer at
http://cis.nci.nih.gov/fact/6_2.htm or http://www.ibcsupport.org/

The names of my Doctors have been changed.

 

 

Contact me at Liane58 at gmail dot com
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Peggy Phlegmy

The short version -- I had a cold, and that turned into a bronchial cough so now I'm taking antibiotics. Have not had any loss of energy or fever or more serious symptoms. Symptoms are now much better.
Long version --
I've been having a lot of congestion for some time. For a while, when the Adriamycin was having so much of an impact on my mouth and throat, it was hard to tell what might be a cold and what were chemo symptoms. But finally the cough turned into coughing something up, rather than just clearing my throat of killed-off cells.
So on Monday I went in to Dr. Smith, who prescribed an antibiotic that only needs to be taken once a day for five days. I am feeling much better, and have been coughing less, but more "productively." Yesterday my roommate pointed out that I had a chunk of "product" stuck to my eyebrow. Good to have a roommate so I don't leave the house looking like that!